2-10-21 COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
February 10, 2021
The Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County will be offering Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines at 8:30 AM on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2021 at the OKEECHOBEE AGRI-CIVIC CENTER (4601 Fl Hwy 710 East) for eligible recipients according to state guidelines (individuals 65 years of age or older or direct health care workers). The Department of Health in Okeechobee anticipates 450 doses of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine will be available for this distribution by appointment only.
- APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED. Go to myvaccine.fl.gov or call (866)201-1060 to make an appointment.
- This will be a DRIVE THROUGH event. Please remain in the vehicle.
- Please enter through the gates on FL Hwy 710. Gates will open at 6:00 AM.
- Proof of age and residency is required. Go to http://okeechobee.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid.html for residency documentation requirements.
- The Department of Health asks anyone planning to arrive for vaccinations to have consent forms printed and completed before coming to the Agri-Civic Center. CONSENT FORMS can be found at online at http://okeechobee.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/covid.html or may be picked up at the Okeechobee County Public Library.
- Please be prepared for extended wait times in your vehicle during the event.
This distribution is for first dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccinations only. The Department of Health in Okeechobee’s plan is to call and offer second dose appointments of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine if the first dose was received from the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County. This call will only be made, when the second dose has arrived at the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County.
All questions regarding proof of Florida residency should be directed to the Florida Department of Health in Okeechobee County at 863-462-5800, Florida’s COVID-19 Call Center available 24/7 at +1 (866) 779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com.